Sunday, January 4, 2015

[WriYe Blogging Circle] Hello 2015: There Can Be Only One

Hello everyone!  I'm back, after a few days of getting into the feel of 2015, and decided to kick off with doing the WriYe Blogging Circle.  It will become known as the WBC when I'm feeling too lazy to type that all out.  For those who are new, this is a once a month blogging prompt about a certain topic.  For example, this month is about the one goal for the year and then asking a few questions about it.  What I do is usually list the questions and then have my answers follow them.  It's a simple format and I might change it up or I might not.  Either way, it's a fun once a month prompt that I like to answer.

Goals: What is your one main goal for this year?  Call it your writing resolution - not two, not five - your main and only one.  Why is it your only goal?

Well, I do have a lot, but the one big main goal is to publish this year.  I've got a novel on it's third draft, called Mystery of the Dark, about dhampirs and vampires and all those good supernatural stuffs.  I'm hoping to find a small press instead of a big one, mostly because I feel that a smaller press would be better for me, but we'll see where the chips fall.  Either way, I've got to get 3.0 done to get to 3.5 to get to 4.0.  Draft four goes out to the readers to see if people like it enough and to make sure that I'm hit all the narrative points.  Don't have plot holes and the like.  It's going to be fun in the end.

Bonus: Make a mantra to tell yourself all year when you feel as if you can't reach this goal.  Share it with us!

You mean aside from "Let It Go"?  I think the mantra is more "Yes We Can" or "I Can Do It".  The "Yes We Can" coming from the year that I started winning NaNoWriMo (2008) along with all the other craziness going on.  The craziness being working as a volunteer in the field on a Presidential campaign, getting sick right after, but being able to write 50,000 words in such a short time after.  That was the year that I truly, in my mind, became a writer.  Therefore, "Yes We Can" doesn't sound half bad.


That's it for now.  There might be something coming up this week but we'll see.  It's still early in the year, so I'm going to try to keep on blogging as much as I can, so watch this space.

5 comments:

  1. "Yes we can" is a great mantra! Its nice and simple. I'm looking forward to seeing your novel once you achieve your goal of publication!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Even if I'm kind of stealing it. ;) And thank you! Trust me, there's going to be a lot of pics and OMGing.

      Delete
  2. Publishing is an exciting goal. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Publishing is an awesome goal! I'm still a bit away from attempting that feat, just need to keep up writing and start editing things and the such. Also, dhampirs and vampires?? That sounds awesome! One of my favorite book series is about a dhampir and a slew of vampires (plus an elf).

    Sounds like you're up for a challenging and awesome year! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...